At Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College we pride ourselves on our effective home-school links. We believe that if every child is to do their personal best then we must work with parents and carers to support our learners.
We welcome open communication with you and encourage you to contact tutors or subject staff to discuss your child’s progress and development. Parents’ evenings are opportunities for you to come into school and meet with staff. However, newsletters, reports and direct contact from staff ensure that you are kept fully up-to-date with college life throughout the year.
Our Parent Support Advisor also works with parents and carers to support them during their time at secondary school.
This section provides you with all the infomation you need to work with us in maintaining the standards of excellence we strive for from all members of our school community.
Don’t miss out on important electronic communications and services- make sure you are signed up to Schoolcomms and download the free App now!
This great electronic communication system for parents gives you the following services:
• Excellent messaging system
• A downloadable App for iPhones and android phones for free messaging (please see details below)
• Parents/carers can reply to emails and texts for free when the App has been downloaded.
• We can send you (and your child) their timetables electronically.
• Parents can book their own Parents Evening appointments.
• View your child’s attendance, behaviour, achievements, timetables and reports online.
n order that we can best communicate with you, and so that you will be able to reply to us for free please download the App called ‘School Gateway’. This can be done on any smartphone or via any relevant App store. Follow these easy steps:
2. Install the app and if you asked then say yes to ‘Allow Push Notifications’
3. When you launch the School Gateway for the first time, please select ‘new user’ and enter the email address and mobile telephone number you have registered with the school.
4. The system will send a PIN code to your phone; please enter this PIN code and the app will be activated for you. As soon as you’ve got the system set-up, all of the text messages we send you will appear in the app and you’ll receive notifications/alerts as normal
You can also log onto Schoolcomms on a computer, laptop, tablet or any other device by going to www.schoolgateway.com
click on new user, enter you email address and mobile phone number. A PIN will then be sent via text to your phone, you will need this PIN to login.
Click on the logos below to access your accounts.